13 January 2006

News My Father Would Love

My father insists on calling my stepmother's favorite country music artist by his relationship to other people. He's known, for instance, as Faith Hill's Husband or Tug McGraw's Boy. I'm talking about Tim McGraw here, and it's possible that my father will soon have a new name for him: Bill Frist's Successor.

McGraw is considering entering politics sometime in the future, and before you start saying disparaging things about country music and NASCAR, wait a minute. Actually, mock country and NASCAR all you want, but mocking McGraw may be counterproductive: he's a Democrat. More interestingly, he's a Democrat with the support of Bill Clinton, whom McGraw calls the best President we ever had:
I think he's got it, Clinton says of McGraw in an Esquire magazine story that hits newsstands Monday. The Democrats need candidates whom people can relate to in a personal way, people who understand their lives and their concerns and share their values. And I think that's something Tim can do without even pretending.
Maybe McGraw was talking about health care when he wrote I like it, I love it, I want some more of it. Sorry, couldn't resist.

2 Comments:

Blogger lecollye said...

No, you can't make fun of country music all you want. Is he out of Nashville? Or LA?

13 January, 2006 18:04  
Blogger 1st Against the Wall said...

He's a good-ole country boy out of Nashville, though he grew up in Louisiana. I bet he's got some things to say about Katrina.

13 January, 2006 18:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home